Sportsmetrics™ is the first ACL injury prevention program scientifically proven to decrease serious ligament injuries of the knee in female athletes.
Sportsmetrics™ is a scientifically proven, six-week jump training program that incorporates proper stretching, special plyometric exercises, and weight training. It focuses on developing overall leg strength as well as improving balance in strength from the front to the back of the thigh. Through specialized progression of jump/plyometric drills, athletes learn proper techniques for jumping and landing; increase overall leg strength; improve symmetry in right-to-left leg power and improve vertical jump. Sportsmetrics ™ is scientifically proven to reduce injuries and enhance performance for sports including (but not limited to): volleyball, soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, and basketball.
- Offered by Board Certified Physical Therapists & Sportsmetrics Certified Trainers through Excel Rehabilitation at the Fairfax Racquet Club, your child’s school, or other assigned facility.
- Group/Team or individualized training available.
Return to Play
- A program catered to athletes recovering from an injury or surgery to ensure they are ready to return to sport.
These programs include
- Sports Injury Testing (SIT) which includes a pre and post video jump analysis.
- Training to include: Warm-Up, Plyometrics and Jump, Strength, and Flexibility exercises.
- Re-Assessment every 2-weeks over a 6-week period.
- Final evaluation to assess overall progress and confirmation for return to sport.